Fair Trade partnerships
Fair Trade is a trading partnership that seeks equality in international trade on the basis of dialogue, transparency, and respect. It contributes to sustainable development by offering improved trading conditions and securing the rights of marginalized producers and workers – especially in the global South.
The World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) is the home of fair traders: producers, marketers, exporters, importers, wholesalers and retailers. Members of this organization are verified social enterprises that demonstrate 100% commitment to Fair Trade and its core principles.
Noah's Ark and Fair Trade
Noah's Ark is certified as a "Fair Trade Guaranteed" enterprise by WFTO. This means you as a buyer can have confidence in the ethical claims made by the business. For the producers it provides access to a large international market.
Currently there is no product-level certification available in categories such as handcrafts, furniture or textiles.
Noah’s Ark approaches the idea of Fair Trade by:
- Ensuring that the artisan groups understand the concept of fair trade and are aware of its principles
- Preparing them for engaging in fair trade business
- Marketing their products to organizations that share similar values
- Providing transparency to customers
- Investing profits in the welfare of artisans and their community.